Marmara University 2019-2020 academic year spring semester applications of the Institute of European Studies within the framework of Senate decisions related to distance education activities will be carried out by the following principles:
Under the Senate's decision, Spring Term Midterm Exams, which are planned to be held between 04-12 April 2020 have been postponed. Exam dates (midterm, final, make-up), exam application methods, and studies related to Summer School will be completed and announced in May 2020. Until the announcement to be made, the courses must be continued within the framework previously defined.
- Applied Courses and Activities:
There is no applied course in our institute. Activities, meetings, and institutional trips held on every year on the occasion of May 9 Europe Day are postponed temporarily until the threat of epidemic disease disappears.
- Suspension of Studies:
Students will be able to make their requests about the suspension of their studies by filling out the “suspension of studies request form" at http://obys.marmara.edu.tr until April 20, 2020. This request would be valid for the 2019-2020 Academic Year Spring Semester. The suspended period of the study will not be included in the maximum education period.
- Tuition fee:
Tuition fees are determined by the decision of the Council of Ministers according to the article 46 / b of the Higher Education Law No. 2547 and the 7th article of the Law No. 3843 dated November 19, 1992. The issue of repayment or being exempted from tuition fees is determined by the Presidential decision.
- Postgraduate Thesis Studies:
Thesis students and faculty members who provide consultancy in postgraduate thesis studies can continue their thesis consultancy and specialty courses online in case of submitting their statement to the head of departments until April 20, 2020.
Moreover, all of the postgraduate thesis studies (thesis consultancy, specialty course, thesis defense, doctoral thesis monitoring, etc.) which cannot be made online will be postponed to June 2020. The period until June 2020 will not be included in the education period and will be given as an additional period.
- Thesis Monitoring Meetings:
Thesis monitoring committee meetings of doctoral thesis studies that are decided to continue online will be held digitally under the guidance of the thesis advisor. If the thesis advisor is not the institute faculty member, the head of the relevant department will authorize an institute faculty member to guide the meeting.
- Doctoral Thesis Proposal:
In case of the student, thesis advisor, and thesis monitoring committee members make a written declaration to the Head of the Department by e-mail stating that the thesis proposal can be made online, Doctoral Thesis Proposals can be made digitally when related institutes make the necessary arrangements. Either thesis advisor is not the institute faculty member or the thesis monitoring committee doesn't include an institute faculty member, the head of the relevant department will authorize an institute faculty member to guide the meeting.
- Ph.D. Qualifying Exams:
Ph.D. Qualifying Exams are postponed to June 2020. The period until June 2020 will not be included in the education period and will be given as an additional period.
- Postgraduate Thesis Defenses:
Postgraduate Thesis Defense Exams can be made digitally in case of the written declarations of the thesis advisor, thesis student, and thesis jury members to the Head of the Department. In this context, the digital platform where the thesis defense will be made should provide audio and video recording opportunities. Either the thesis advisor or none of the thesis jury members is not faculty members of the Institute of European Studies, the head of the relevant department will authorize an institute faculty member to participate video and audio recording process.
- Opportunities that will be provided for students abroad, within the framework of Erasmus, Mevlana, and bilateral agreements for educational purposes:
- When the student returns, he/she will be allowed to enroll late and continue his education at our university.
- After the student returns, he/she will be able to continue his education by attending the online education program at the university abroad.
- When the student returns, he/she will be able to choose to continue his/her education by taking the online education program offered either by the university abroad or at our university.
- Students who have not returned or who are not able to return to the country will be able to continue their online education programs at the university abroad or continue their education through our university's online courses.
- Students will be able to participate in online education programs at the university they study at or abroad. If there is no online program covering the entire program in the contracted institution included in the Learning Agreement; The students will be able to continue their education program by using both of the online education opportunities opened.